Whatever will be

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sad Day ...

Last evening I called my mgr but she didn't pick up the phone. I guessed she must be busy, so, I sent an email to her. THis morning she also didn't reply to my email. Hence, I called her. She told me that she will call me back. After abt 20 minutes, she called me over to her place. Weird... that email doesnt require me to meet her face-to-face to discuss... Nevertheless, I went over. When I was there, she asked me to sit down! Even more weird... that email doesnt require me to sit down to discuss with her... Nevertheless, I sat down...
M: I didn't reply your email cos I need some "direction". *pause*... I'm leaving the Branch...
Me: *blank look cos her words didn't register in my brains*...
M: You knew it already?
Me: No! I don't know anything!
M and I then proceed to discuss abt the emails and she started to "summarise" PF matters... Towards the end, I cannot take it... So I asked her...
Me: Where are you going?
M: XX Branch, wef 16 Apr...
Me: "WHY?"*eyes tearing* *slience*
M: *eyes tearing* *slience*
After a few seconds...
M: yeah, the memories...
Me: *eyes tearing* *slience*... struggled to say "All the Best"...
While on my way back to my desk, strings of thoughts came thru my mind. Can I tell? Shld I tell? I need to get it off my chest! How?! Nobody seemed to know yet!
Met Vic on the way and she knew that something is wrong. But I insisted I was ok...
When I went back to my place, I msg Bel... cos i know I cant talk. The minute I talk, I will cry out! But this gal called me... Within seconds, I breakdown....
Why did I cry? I was puzzled! We used to complain and grumble abt her non-stop! I guess the "feelings" are hidden deep down, and all was revealed today!
Since Day 1 i joined this company, I was under her. My first project FormB1 03 was also headed by her! I guess she is also the one who allow me to have the oppotunity to be involved in projects. For my 8 yrs in the company, abt 80% of the time I was under her....
I guess the real impact to our r/ship came abt while doing PF with her. It was really only as if between the 2 of us! We worked very closely with each other... The other teamates wasn't ard during the initial months of the project. And I "naturally" became the appointed team leader?!
Well, I know that i will still see her in the company. But, I dun think we can find another person with her capabilities. And I dun think I'll have the chance to work with her anymore... :(
After the woo-ha in the morning, consultant wanted to "borrow" our scanner at 4th storey. While waiting for him to come down, I was talking to P at my place. P was my good fren as well as the previous user for PF. When the consultant came, he asked me whether is it that to be PF users, we must have a certain height limit? (Note that both P and I are tall)
I laughed and say "Of cos not!" He really made me laugh admist the sad news.... hahaha..... What a question! While he is doing the scanning, I was telling him that i think his job is very interesting, can change job environment and job areas. Then he was sharing abt the negative sides of it... Well, as we always say, the grass is always greener at the other side of the field...

Update @ 10.53pm
Forgot to mention that my fellow teamate quite immediately said that "So now u r the boss for PF hor?" ARghhhhhhh..... Pray hard tt i will NOT work with her...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:43 pm, Blogger Annabel said…

    you know what?! until now, i'm still feeling very glad that i've called you! muahahahahaa!

    sigh... we will definitely miss her black black face. :P

    p/s: don't know why, but i actually do foresee you working with her in the future.

     
  • At 10:47 pm, Blogger jaslene said…

    hahaha... yah lah, crying to you over the phone is much better than crying in front of my teamates!
    omg! really?! hahaha scary sia...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home