Whatever will be

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Communication ...

Situation 1:
Since the 1st day of the filing period, the PF team were kept in the loop abt the daily stats. Poor T, who is supposed to do some consolidation of the overall EF stats, didn't know that we had the figures! She went around asking the 20th or 21st storey pple, asking for help ... As usual, she gets the "table tennis" effect... Until finally she got to know that she can actually ask us!
Communication breakdown? Mgtm didn't tell her? I have no idea... Luckily this is only the beginning... the not-so-busy period...
Situation 2:
Similarly, as the daily stats include other reports on backend items, we were also kept informed if the job fail, or if something "happen", if the figures do not reconcile *touchwood!*
Today, the Email team asked me abt the backend part and I told them that part of the backend got some problems and they will resolve by tomr morning, Email team was surprised and told me that I shld highlight to them immediately if I'm aware... I explained that nobody informed me abt "What I shld do..." and "who shld I inform".... "Last time no need what...."
Communication breakdown? Mgtm didn't tell me? I have no idea...
Situation 3:
Was told to cover my colleague when she goes ML in May.... The items to cover just goes on... And I know nuts abt them. Of cos, I was "reminded" that I still need to continue for PF control run....
Then, the list of the team's temporarily work up till 30Apr was out.... I thought I shld be in the list for control run. But I was not!?! *puzzled* Asked my supervisor and she told me that my PF mgr told my team mgr that the work for control run PF area is MINIMAL...I think thats why my team mgr has indicated for me to do other work. What the heck?! MINIMAL?! My teamate whose name is indicated for Control run have other task to do in early april... So, who will take over her control run????!!! It is not stated in the list but I guess the person will be me again! Then, PF mgr met a few of us few days back and told us "more" abt the control run. Initially was to do A-C, then it became A-G. And at the same time, got to juggle my team's work.... Help! What is the definition for MINIMAL???
Communication failed...
Situation 4:
This afteroon S came over to ask me more abt the control run. I reminded her to tell the consultant to exclude the RT cases. Rem last yr whereby Bel hit lots of violation *wink*... S then called her consultant D (at my place) to remind him...
Some one-way conversations as she didn't explain to me after that, wordings aren't 100% accurate:
S: Rem to exclude the RT cases har, thks.
D: ---
S: Cannot? But why PF can?
D: ---
S: U sure cannot?
D: ---- But I can only use the 'table' to 'sieve' out the RT cases. How?
S: Yah lah! Precisely! Then those RT cases you don't give us!!

I never work with D before. But conclusion is that he IS blur...
Communication IS a powerful tool ...

2 Comments:

  • At 12:05 am, Blogger Annabel said…

    wa sey! thanks for reminding me on the "lots of violation" leh! *faintz*

     
  • At 1:04 am, Blogger jaslene said…

    aiyah... what大风大浪never come across right? all these made you a better person! heehee :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home