Whatever will be

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Some updates ....

2 weekends ago, we brought the kids to Ikea together with my mil...









Last Saturday, I attended Valerie's wedding, met some of the poly mates and catched-up with them. Didn't take any photos though...

Last Sunday, we attended my cousin's Allan's wedding. NExt to him is his wife *obviously* Daisy. Warm welcome to Daisy to our family! It has been quite a while since the Tan's Family had a wedding. THe last time is Juliet's wedding, back in 2000, if I'm not wrong...
All of us were extremely happy & excited! 2nd Uncle insisted that I shld "drink tea"... OMG! This is the 1st time! I felt so old *sad* but of cos, felt truely happy for the newly wed! tHough we are cousins of difft surnames, we are all closely bonded since young. PArtly bcos our grandfather "forced" our parents to go to his house every sunday and we had to stay there the whole day. Of cos, the kids then (us) were very happy. Moreover, our age gaps are very close.... Hence, we are all closely bonded :)

The following day, I went to work 2 hrs later than normal cos I knew that I couldnt be able to wake up in time, hence, i took time-off. Reached office at 10am and received a call from my cousin Rena at abt 11+.... 2nd uncle had passed away.... I couldn't believe my ears. Immediately took the day off and went to ttSH... We are all very sad... He fainted at home and couldnt be saved. But at least, he managed to see his son get married!

The following day, I went to work for half a day only. Then, I took leave for the rest of the week. We are all supposed to go to Star Virgo Cruise on Wed-Fri, but all was cancelled. Someone of the higher authority in the branch asked: " Uncle only, go at night and show face only mah, why need to waste your leave? LEave is very important you know?"
I got so upset and replied "My UNCLE is much more impt than my Leave!" Why can't some pple be more understanding?
Anyway, the wake had ended yesterday.... I slept very early last night and by the time I woke up, it was nearly 12noon! I was really tired ...

Everything in life is fated. Hence, treasure while we can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home