Whatever will be

Monday, June 25, 2007

HFMD

Rachel had a fever 2 days ago (Friday) and I had to go home from office. Although her school is closed, i still had to bring her home from my mil's house as my niece is at my mil's house. I don't want her to get caught with any virus.
I was afraid that Rachel may get HFMD (aka Hand Foot Mouth diesease). This illness is contagious. There isn't any major risks or complications for children above 1 yr old. Adults can get it too. Her school has reported several of such cases. This is not the 1st time and usually I will still send her to school...
Anyway, doctor only said that Rachel is "suspected" HFMD... ASked to bring her back to the clinic on Monday if other symptoms occurs. So I monitored her for rashes and such. Her fever was up till 40 degrees (as usual)... It was not easy to monitor her for rashes as she has enzyma. How to differentiate?! I wasnt sure too! Until Saturday afternoon, it was quite obvious and by evening, i was 95% sure that she has HFMD. Being an anxious mum, I didn't wait till Monday to bring her back, since the clinic is open on Sat nights, I brought her back and YES, she confirmed has HFMD.
Doctor say it will usually take 5-7 days to recover and when the rashes go away, I will need to bring her back for certification so that she can go back to school... Got 1 wk's child mc...
Actually I can go back to work the following monday, but i told hubby to take care of her on Friday as we will be receiving our annual increment/promotion/performance bonus letters this coming Friday! hahaha.... Bo liao right? That's me! No promotion for me, but I'm eager to see the rest of the contents in the letter(s) for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home