Whatever will be

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Weekly gatherings

I was watching a TV special on Tuesday night on Channel 8. It featured a 3-generation family whereby they meet and gather on a weekly basis @ one of the house. Every gathering will have 30-40 pax. Even on weekdays, some of them have their dinner together at the house, too. Weekdays will be abt 20+pax.
This program reminds me of my grandfather, who will insist all our parents (together with us) to go to his house on every Sunday. We have been doing this since young, till he passed away in 1989. Thats why I'm very close to my maternal relatives, my dearest cousins, aunties and uncles.
Thereafter, we still make it a point to visit my grandmother. After she has passed away in 2003, we still meet, but not as frequently. I guess partly it is bcos our grandparents are no longer ard, partly cos we have our own family and commitment. In these recent 2 yrs or so, the frequency has dropped even further :(
I really miss those times. I know that the weekly gatherings will not happen again, but I do hope our r/ships and close bondings will stay, even to the future generations coming along ...

1 Comments:

  • At 1:00 pm, Blogger fuzzie said…

    Sure miss those days when we would go to a park or someone's house almost every weekend! Feasting was a common thing and the kids (that's us - the now 'adults') would cycle or whatever we fancied to do. SO much fun and togetherness!! Now, at least we make a point to meet on every birthday, right? So... when the next? Zyon's bday hor? Last year we missed his, this year cn't miss ah!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home